What a busy weekend! Whew!
Friday was just non-stop and the rest of the weekend was devoted to making the catalog an easy thing to deal with. As of late this evening I’m starting to feel better about catalog one (which should be tight and right by the middle of the week). It’ll be just in time for catalog two and the headlong rush to releasing both of them in two weeks!
I wanted to do the weekly comic book roundup, it was something I was meaning to do when I can remember to do it.
This week’s buys: Vertigo Pop! Bangkok (really, really hard to get into), The Authority (volume 2 is noticeably lacking something that was present in volume 1 - not the exciting, trend setter it was by any means), Batman, Detective Comics (good story, even for the non comics fan), Arkham Asylum (proving to be an interesting read - a keeper), Hawkman (the stories plod along but, the art really carries the book and is beautiful to look at), 100 Bullets (I’m still not quite up to speed on the backstory - and it hurts the book), Doom Patrol (soon to be canceled but, going out with a bang), Wildcats (one of the best books out there each month - I think it’s the great book no one knows about), Black Panther (just gets better and better with each issue), Superman, Action Comics (terrific storyline going on - waiting for each new issue), I also have a bunch of books I’m finding it really hard to go through, that’s usually an indication there not for me. In that pile I find: Wolverine Netsuke, Soldier X, Vertigo Pop! London, and Dial H for Hero. There’s a bunch of book sitting upstairs too, more on them another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment